This tutorial will teach you how to type the double S symbol in Microsoft Word, Windows, and Mac operating systems.
The “how to type the double ‘s symbol in minecraft” is a question that has been asked by many people. The “double ‘s” is a special character on the keyboard, and it can be typed with the Alt+0161 keystroke.
This article will go through how to get the Double S sign in Microsoft Word, Windows, and Mac, as well as how to use keyboard shortcuts.
You may grab this symbol by copying and pasting it from the button below before we start.
Shortcut for the Double S Symbol (Windows)
Alt + 0167 is the Alt Code shortcut for the Double S Symbol. To type using this approach, press and hold one of your keyboard’s Alt keys while entering the Alt code on the numeric keypad, then release the Alt key.
This solution needs a separate numeric keypad with Num Lock activated on your keyboard. It is also only compatible with Windows.
Alt codes are used in Windows to enter symbols or characters that aren’t found on the keyboard.
When attempting to write special characters, this strategy is highly useful since it saves a large amount of time.
The full procedures to enter this symbol on Windows using the Alt Code keyboard shortcut are as follows:
- Open the document where you’ll be typing the symbol.
- The cursor should be placed where you want it to be.
- One of your Alt Keys should be pressed and held.
- Use the numeric keypad on the right to input the Double S Alt code while holding down the Alt key (0167)
- After inputting the code, release the alt key.
The Double S sign will emerge as soon as you let go of the Alt key.
In order for the Double S Alt Code to operate, the following requirements must be fulfilled.
- You must hold down the Alt key before inputting the code.
- You must use the numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard to input the alt code.
- Because you’re utilizing a 10-key numeric keypad, you’ll need to activate NumLock. The number keys become disabled when NumLock is turned off, and you won’t be able to input any numbers.
- If your laptop doesn’t have a numeric keypad, you’ll have to first enable the hidden numeric keypad. On most computers, you can switch it on by simultaneously hitting the Fn + NmLk buttons. Not every laptop has a concealed numeric keypad. You won’t be able to input symbols using the alt code approach unless you attach an external keyboard with a numeric keypad or use the on-screen keyboard if it doesn’t appear in yours. You may still utilize the other ways mentioned in this tutorial.
- You should also be aware that not all symbols can be entered with the alt code, depending on the text editor you’re using. Some of the alt codes are only recognized by Microsoft Word.
Shortcut for the Double S Symbol (Mac)
On a Mac, the Character Viewer may be used to get the Double S sign.
On a Mac, the Character Viewer allows you to insert special characters and symbols into text, such as arithmetic symbols, Latin letters, and pictographs.
To put this () or any other symbol on a Mac, follow the instructions below.
- Place your cursor on the text area where the symbol will be inserted.
- Press Control + Command + Space bar to bring up the Character Viewer. Alternatively, choose Edit > Emoji & Symbols.
- In the top search area, type “Section Sign” and hit Enter.
- The insignia should be visible. To incorporate it into your text, just click on it.
These are the procedures for using the Character Viewer on Mac to insert this and any other symbol.
Double S Sign Typing Shortcut (MS Word)
00A7, Alt + X is the MS Word shortcut for typing the Double S symbol.
While the Alt code and Mac shortcuts listed above may be used to input this symbol in any application, including Microsoft Word, this shortcut is only available in Word.
To utilize this shortcut, open your Microsoft Word document, place the insertion cursor where you want to put the Double S symbol, and then just follow the steps below:
- Simply put 00A7 into the search box.
- Then hit Alt + X at the same time.
- If it still doesn’t work, highlight the code and hit the Alt and X keys at the same time.
The symbol shows in place of the Unicode when you press Alt + X after entering it.
Use the Office Symbol Library to insert the Double S symbol.
If using the keyboard isn’t your thing, you can also obtain the Double S sign in Office products like Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint by using the mouse.
We’ll use screenshots from Microsoft Word to demonstrate the processes. In Excel and PowerPoint, though, you may apply the same way.
Here are the measures to take without further ado:
- Open Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Place your cursor where you want it.
- Select the Insert tab from the drop-down menu.
- Select More Symbols from the drop-down menu after clicking the Symbols button in the Symbols group.
After that, the Symbol window will display. There are a million symbols in it, including the Double S sign.
- In the symbol library, look for the Double S symbol.
Use the Subset dropdown option to view various sorts of symbols to quickly discover this symbol. The Double S symbol may be found in the Latin-1 Supplement group of the Subset list.
However, typing the Unicode 00A7 in the Character code text box is the quickest method to acquire this sign. The Double S symbol will be filtered out and picked after you input the Unicode.
- Simply double-click it to put it into your document. Alternatively, you may use the Insert key.
- The Dialog is now closed.
If you carefully follow the procedures above, you may enter the Double S sign, or any other symbol or character not found on the keyboard, into Word.
Double S Symbol Copy and Paste
This is by far the most straightforward method of obtaining any symbol, including the Double S.
Simply copy the symbol someplace, such as a web page, and then move to the document where you need it and hit Ctrl + V.
You may copy the symbol by clicking on it below.
The instructions below will teach you how to copy this symbol from the Character Map if you have a Windows PC.
- Search for the Character Map app and open it.
- Select the Advance View checkbox beside the button to see additional Character map possibilities.
- A search box may be found in the Advanced view. Press Enter after typing Section Sign.
- In the search results, the symbol will display.
- Simply pick it in the Characters to copy text box with a double click and then press the Copy button.
It might be tough to get symbols that do not have keys on the keyboard.
It should no longer be a challenging job with the help of the techniques and directions given here.
Thank you for taking the time to read through our information.
The “double s symbol alt code” is a common keyboard shortcut that is used in Word, Windows, and Mac. The keyboard shortcut is commonly used to type the double-s symbol.
- double s symbol copy and paste
- § how to type this symbol
- section sign alt code
- how to type section symbol in word
- double ‘s symbol on iphone