The Windows 11 Operating System is the successor of Microsoft’s 10-year old operating system, Windows Vista. However, it has been reported that a significant number of users are encountering an error reference by pointer when attempting to update their devices and applications from this OS. How will Microsoft be able to fix this problem?
The “how to fix reference by pointer error” is a problem that has been present for a while. The error message usually appears when you try to run an application, but it can also appear on your desktop or in the start menu.
Loredana Harsana (Loredana Harsana)
Windows & Software Expert
Loredana is a dedicated writer who is fascinated by computer software and technology. She began blogging about smartphones when the Samsung Galaxy S II was the most popular device on the market, and… Read more
- Faulty drivers or files are the most common causes of the Windows 11 error reference via pointer BSoD.
- One option is to manually or automatically update your drivers using a specialist tool.
- Don’t miss our articles on how to go into Safe Mode in a variety of methods.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
When it comes to software development, the phrase “nothing is perfect” definitely applies, since faults may and can derail the user experience. As a result, today’s subject is how to cure the pointer problem in Windows 11.
Unfortunately, if your computer crashes with a Blue Screen of Death, it means there’s a serious problem with your computer, which is generally (but not always) caused by software or driver flaws.
The pointer’s reference One of the most unexpected errors to appear is BSOD. It’s tough to find out what caused it, but it usually leads to issues that are easy to fix.
So stick with us as we teach you how to troubleshoot the Windows 11 issue reference via pointer after we go through the basic reasons for this error. Follow along with us!
Why did I receive a BSoD with a reference via pointer?
A reference that is based on a pointer A BSoD error (also known as a reference by pointer or 0x00000018 error) usually means that something is wrong with your system files or device drivers.
To help prioritize system resources, Windows refers to running elements (such as an open window) as objects with numbers indicating how many times the components are referenced (or utilized) elsewhere.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
This value decreases until the object is no longer present, freeing up system RAM for other services.
Windows detects an erroneous reference count for a running item when a reference by pointer alert appears. Windows will halt and show a BSOD, causing your machine to restart and deleting all current memory since this might be a severe security risk.
Almost often, though, this is due to a malfunctioning piece of software. Hardware drivers are the most common cause, although it may also be caused by graphics cards and other components such as network devices. Other issues, such as incorrect system files or malfunctioning hardware, might also cause it.
How can I repair the reference by pointer problem in Windows 11?
1. Switch to Safe Mode.
- Select the Power icon from the Windows/Start icon on your Taskbar.
- Click the Restart now option while holding down the Shift key on your keyboard.
- You’ll be sent to the menu below, where you may choose from the Troubleshoot and Advanced choices.
- Now, click on Startup Repair and, if it appears, touch on the Restart button.
- After restarting your computer, press the number 4 key on your keyboard to browse to the appropriate choice on the next screen. As a consequence of the following step, the system will enter the Safe Mode environment.
More information about this subject may be found here.
2. Install the latest device drivers
- To open the Settings interface, press the Windows key + I, then go to the left panel and pick Windows Update. Now, on the right side, choose Advanced options, as shown below.
- Then, under the Additional choices area, tap on Optional updates.
- To finish the procedure, pick Driver Updates from the drop-down menu that appears, then select all of the driver updates that are presented to you, and then click the Download and install button. I don’t think I’ll need to install any further updates at this time.
Even though Windows is in charge of driver updates most of the time, you may manually search for updates if you’re experiencing problems. We highly recommend utilizing a professional application like DriverFix to do automated scans for out-of-date drivers and save time.
3. Perform an SFC scan.
- To get to the Command Prompt interface, hit Windows + S and then enter cmd. Finally, right-click the top result and choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Now write or copy and paste the following command, as seen below, and execute it: sfc /scannow sfc /scannow sfc /s
Check read our article on how to solve reference by pointer BSOD problem [Bugcheck 0x00000018] for more information and possible solutions to the Windows 11 error reference by pointer.
Alternatively, you may read our post on what to do if you receive a BSOD error on Windows 11 to learn how to troubleshoot the issue further.
Finally, don’t forget to check out our tutorial on how to resolve the Critical Process Died BSOD problem in Windows 11 to round out your understanding of Blue Screens of Death.
Let us know which approach worked best for you in the comments area below, as well as if you have any other ideas. Thank you for taking the time to read this!
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “windows stop code reference by pointer” is a problem that has been present for a while. There are many solutions to this problem, but the most common one is to use the “Refresh your PC”.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Stopcode Reference by pointer?
A: If you are getting the error Stopcode reference by pointer it means that there is too many pointers in your code. This usually happens when you have a function with multiple parameters, and each of those functions has their own excessive amount of pointers. The solution to this problem would be to break up these functions into smaller ones, so they dont all add together and cause an infinite loop.
What causes Reference By pointer error?
A: The cause of this error is not known. If you experience this, try to rollback your installation and reinstall the game again.
What does Reference by Pointer mean?
A: When you do a gesture in Beat Saber, the gestures are put together to make an arrow pointing towards your target. This is called reference by pointer.
- stop code reference by pointer windows 11
- reference by pointer windows 10 fix
- stop code reference by pointer dell windows 10
- reference by pointer bsod every 30 minutes
- reference by pointer blue screen