The latest installment of the Rune Factory series, which is coming to PlayStation 4 this December, features a new setting in an ancient town called Springdale. For more information on what it all means for players and fans alike, check out our review here!
The “rune factory 4 special differences” is a new event that will be released in December. This event will have a lot of different things to do, including the release of a new dungeon and being able to recruit more characters from the game.
This article contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a profit if you buy anything via them at no additional cost to you. We may earn money as an Amazon Associate by making eligible purchases. Find out more.
Next month, Rune Factory 4 Special, a port and small remake of the original Rune Factory 4 from the 3Ds, will be available on all major gaming platforms (except the Switch, of course). Yes, the game is now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam)!
What exactly is Rune Factory 4 (Special)?
To give you a quick rundown of the plot, the main character is a prince/princess who has lost his/her memories and is forced to live a regular life in the world into which he/she was thrown. The first step toward progress is to develop the nation. However, like with every Rune Factory game, players may enjoy conventional RPG aspects blended with farm simulation techniques, all while attempting to strengthen the protagonist’s bond with the people that share the same universe as him.
Finally, similar to its predecessor, the Harvest Moon series, Rune Factory 4’s plot proceeds through the marriage and family management stage, when players have met all of the conditions to marry a character of their choice to the protagonist.
On the Switch Version, there are several new features.
Naturally, the Nintendo Switch got an earlier version of the game, which was published in Japan in July 2019 and in North America and Europe in February 2020. The improved version is known as Rune Factory 4 Special, and it included a number of modifications and additions (primarily in terms of quality of life) that made the game more enjoyable to play:
- Newlywed mode is a new adventure mode that incorporates data from a wedded couple. This is a solo RPG (new adventure) option that gives your selected pair voice acting and portraits.
- Touchscreen UI that is more integrated — basic menu buttons, for example, may now be reached by touching them on the screen.
- Remakes are known for including extra cinematic scenes. To make the entire plot more engaging, several moments are reintroduced with extra cutscenes.
- Auto-adjusted resolution quality — the 3DS only has a 800×240 resolution, which, when blown up to the Switch’s 720p screen, would seem even more pixelated. As a result, the function was included to improve the game’s appearance.
- Playable on a larger screen — emulation aside, the Switch’s dockable functionality enables players to play Rune Factory 4 Special on a larger screen, although with the auto-adjusted resolution quality described before.
- Both Japanese and English audio may be switched freely – generally just one or the other is available based on the version’s major language.
- For foreign versions, a physical cartridge is available — the original Rune Factory 4 (3DS) was only available in digital format in North America and Europe. In both territories, Rune Factory 4 Special was released as a cartridge.
Coming Soon to All Platforms Across the Globe
Rune Factory 4 Special will eventually be released on every major platform accessible, over a decade after its initial release, thanks to the support of numerous publishers like as Marvelous, Natsume, and XSEED. The PS4 and Xbox One versions will be released on December 7th, while the PC (Steam) version will be released at least a day later, on December 8th.
Most of the necessary modifications made for the Switch version will also be accessible for these subsequent versions, as indicated by the official title selected for the transfer. If the technology allows it, maybe some of the touchscreen features as well (on a Windows tablet, for example).
And while we’re on the subject of hardware, here are the Rune Factory 4 Special system requirements: (Not that it’ll matter on today’s PCs, given that it was initially a 3DS game)
- Intel Core i5-6400 processor
- Intel HD Graphics 530 GPU
- RAM: 8GB
- 5 GB of disk space
- Intel Core i5-9300H processor (mobile)
- Nvidia GTX 1650 Max-Q GPU (mobile)
- 16 GB RAM
- 5 GB of disk space
Oh, and if it wasn’t already clear, all DLC from previous upgrades and versions of Rune Factory 4 (Special) will be included in this multi-platform release (particularly the additional narrative DLC).
Rune Factory 4 will be released on December 7, 2021 (PS4/Xbox One) and December 8, 2021 (PC) (PC) Official Game Page (Japanese): https://www.marv.jp/special/game/runefactory4SP/ Official Twitter (Japanese): https://twitter.com/runefactory pr/ Genre: Fantasy Life Sim Game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aDA0K5k8UM Official YT (through XSEED): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aDA0K5k8UM Paid distribution format Title Xbox System, Orbis, Windows 10 and 11 are the operating systems available (PC) Marvelous Inc. owns the copyright.
Rune Factory 4 Special Opens Fantasy Field Day this December. The game is a remake of the original Rune Factory, and it will be available on Steam on December 18th. Reference: rune factory 4 special pc steam.
- rune factory 4 special pc release date
- rune factory 5 release date
- rune factory 4 special steam release date
- rune factory 4 special release date
- rune factory 4 pc download