Twitch is a site where people watch other people play video games. The community on Twitch has been getting increasingly angry at the idea of having to change their username every so often, especially because they have not received an explanation for why this system was implemented and what it will do in the future.
The “why can’t i change my display name on twitch” is a question that has been asked by many people. The issue is easy to fix and the solution is in the link below.
Milan Stanojevic is a writer who lives in Belgrade, Serbia.
Windows & Software Expert
Milan has been fascinated by computers since he was a youngster, and this has led him to be interested in all PC-related technology. He worked as a front-end web developer before joining WindowsReport. Continue reading
- Some Twitch users have reported being unable to alter their username, which may be rather unpleasant.
- The first step is to use Incognito Mode to access the app.
- In some circumstances, clearing the browser’s cache and cookies proved to be effective.
- Is it impossible for you to modify your Twitch username? Make sure you’re using a streaming app-specific browser.
Twitch won’t let you alter your username? Make sure you follow this instruction to the letter if you want to get the greatest answers.
Twitch is perhaps the best gaming streaming platform. Even the best tools aren’t without flaws. Several Twitch users have expressed dissatisfaction with their inability to alter their username.
Fortunately, this isn’t a major problem. For some individuals, though, this might be aggravating. The following was reported by one user:
I can’t alter my user name since it’s greyed out, but it says I can, but clicking the pencil to modify it only refreshes the page. Could you please assist me?
As a result, the username is greyed out, and clicking the edit button causes the browser to reload the page. We also have no idea what browser the OP uses. This knowledge might be the difference between life and death.
Still, this is a simple issue to tackle, and we’ll teach you how to alter your Twitch username today.
Why is it that Twitch won’t let you alter your username?
- The program is being blocked by cache and cookies — Twitch problems might be caused by the browser cache and cookies. It is advisable to deactivate them in certain circumstances, and we will explain you how to do so later in this article.
- Brief problems — Your browser, like any other software, may experience random and temporary issues. We recommend that you update your username while in Incognito Mode.
- Problems with your main browser – If this problem arises when using your primary browser, you should investigate a different choice. We have devised the most effective solution that will never let you down.
What can I do if Twitch won’t let me alter my username?
1. From the desktop client, change your username.
- Twitch is now open.
- To access your profile picture, click on it (from the upper corner of the window).
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Now choose Profile from the drop-down menu.
- To get to the Username area, go to the bottom of the page and scroll down.
- Make a new username for yourself.
Several people were able to resolve this problem by using the more usual route of changing their login.
Remember that you may change your username once every two months.
2. Act as though you’re not there.
Google Chrome 2.1
- To open the first result, press the Windows key, type Chrome, and then press Enter.
- From the upper-right corner, go to the same three vertical dots.
- Choose New incognito window from the drop-down menu.
- It will launch a private window. Here’s where you may change your Twitch username.
Mozilla Firefox 2.2
- To launch Firefox, press the Windows key, enter Firefox, and then click the first result.
- In the right-top corner of the window, click the three horizontal lines.
- Select the option for a new private window.
- In this box, try changing your Twitch username.
3. Delete the cache and cookies in your browser.
Google Chrome 3.1
- To launch Chrome, press the Windows key, enter Chrome, and then click the first result.
- Ctrl + Shift + Delete is the hotkey to use.
- On the Time range drop-down option, choose All time.
- Check the box for Cookies and other site data.
- To delete cookies, click Clear data.
Mozilla Firefox 3.2
- To launch the Clear Recent History window in Firefox, use the Ctrl + Shift + Delete keyboard shortcut.
- To clear the drop-down selection, choose Everything on the Time range.
- After selecting the Cookies option, click the OK button.
4. Use a different browser.
Opera is one of the most reliable browsers available, with a fast loading time and a simple user interface. It will almost certainly allow you to access Twitch without any problems.
The program offers excellent privacy features as well as a built-in free VPN that connects you to the finest services available for quick and safe surfing.
Opera’s in-browser add-ons make it easier to connect to your email and social networking accounts. You may also use the online library to install your favorite add-ons and modify the browser to your preferences.
Take a look at some of Opera’s other features:
- Free VPN
- Sharing files in a flow
Is there anything more I should know about Twitch?
Of course, the issue we’re dealing with today isn’t the only one that may arise when utilizing Twitch. Because it’s crucial to be aware of possible flaws at all times, we recommend reviewing the following list:
- Errors in signing up – It seems that certain Twitch users are unable to join up. If you’re in the same position, be sure to look into some specific solutions.
- Issues with full-screen mode – Twitch full-screen isn’t operating as it should, according to several users. This is one of the most aggravating issues, and it may occur for a variety of causes. If you ever come across it, don’t forget to check out our troubleshooting guide.
- Black screen — According to streams, Twitch may be displaying a black screen on Chrome. It may be rather frustrating, therefore if you find yourself in this situation, feel free to check into some solutions.
Even a fantastic technology like Amazon’s Twitch may have issues, but luckily, there are some simple remedies. It’s also conceivable that the problem isn’t with Twitch, but with your browser.
Just remember to maintain your browser (and, for that matter, your machine) in good working order. Remove your cache and use Google Chrome incognito mode.
You may now start streaming your favorite games online after changing your login.
Did our suggestions help you? What games do you use Twitch to stream? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below!
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “you may not change your display name, only the capitalization of it” is a common problem that can be fixed easily by following these steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it not letting me change my name on Twitch?
A: This is due to a copyright restriction. If you want to change your name on Twitch, we recommend changing it through the platform itself instead of doing so in-game.
Why cant I change my Twitch name Mobile?
A: Unfortunately, we are not able to change your twitch name on the mobile app for several reasons.
First off is that it would require us to create a new list of users and therefor take away from what resources we have at our disposal. We also cannot do this because you might be streaming even if youre offline. Lastly, due to privacy concerns with Twitchs servers regarding personal information being leaked by third party applications such as ours, changing names could potentially cause harm or someone stealing your identity in some way shape or form so please refrain from doing so until further notice
How do I change my Twitch username?
A: For future reference, you may always change your Twitch username by visiting the Twitch website.
- how to change twitch name on mobile app 2020
- twitch change username
- how to change twitch username on mobile
- twitch login
- twitch name change checker